Thursday, October 10, 2013

One Product . . . Six Different Projects!

As concept artists we have the opportunity to play around with products. This is especially fun with something as versatile as the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. Since we are all in love with this paper (and the black and white look—that is very much on-trend!) we thought it would be fun for all of us to make a project with it . . . to show off how easy it is to use. Here’s what we came up with.

Christina N.

It’s no secret that I love to wrap and package gifts and favors. It’s one of my favorite things to do. And . . . I love the new Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. It’s so easy to use! I could package up something for my hubby and my mom with the same package of paper—just by changing how I embellish. It’s basically a staple and I find myself reaching for it all the time!
Angie B.

Stylize Your File Folders . . .


Adhere a piece of Modern Medley Designer Series Paper (or any patterned paper) to your plain, boring, vanilla file folder. Trim around the edges with your scissors.

Need a quick and easy gift? Make a stack for a friend. Wrap them together with a fun ribbon and a bright-colored paper flower accent.

Want to make your own organization a little more sophisticated? Make yourself a set. Throw in a pop of bright color when you add labels to the tabs.

Have your kids pick out their favorite paper designs to keep their homework separated.
There are lots of uses for file folders—even if they just sit on your desk and look cute.

Robyn P.


Pairing a bright color like Strawberry Slush with the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper adds the perfect pop of color to your project! 


Melody H.

I've hit a bit of a creative brick wall during the last few days. Trying to get back into the normal work groove after a week at convention has been a bit of a struggle. I think my muse decided she could take a vacation! When we decided to use the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper for our group blog post, I didn't have any lightning bolts of inspiration. I tried a little of this and a little of that . . . to no avail. When I stood up to stretch and take a break, I glanced over at Angie's desk and saw that she had a big circle of cardstock sitting on top of some patterned Designer Series Paper and the creative lightbulb finally came on!


There are so many ways to use any of our Designer Series Papers, but what makes the Modern Medley paper even more special is that it can go with just about anything you want to create. The variety of patterns and styles makes the paper very versatile. I landed on the chevron pattern because it matched the bold and graphic idea I had in my mind. I also felt that it went well with the "Woot" stamp I carved with the Undefined Stamp Carving Kit.

Jen C.

When I really want to dress up a handmade card, I’ll create a unique envelope to go with it. Using Designer Series Paper is a simple way to add a pop of color and pattern. My go-to envelope is one that looks like a mailing envelope or an interoffice envelope with a string to close it. I’ve made it so many times that now I’m calling it the “Jenvelope.”


Here is a little tutorial on how to make one that will hold a standard/A2 card. (You can adjust the dimensions to accommodate different card sizes.)


Arika B.



I am addicted to all things black and white, so it's a no-brainer that I am in love with the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. For this page, I wanted my favorite pattern in the pack to be one of the main attractions on my page, so I took a big piece and placed it right down the middle. (Okay—not quite down the middle!) I off-centered it a little to make room for a fabulous black and white ampersand from the Amped Up Ampersands Digital Stamp Set in MDS. I love adding hybrid elements to my scrapbook pages. The title on the page “You and Me” is another fun hybrid element I have added using the Hooray for Today digital stamp in MDS, and then cut out using a digital cutter. I think the title and all the little pops of color are the perfect balance for all of that black and white.

We hope you have enjoyed what we’ve shared!

Stampin’ Up! Concept Artists
One of my favorite papers from this catalog...order today or come to a class to use it!
lisacoffey.stampinup.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment